The deadline for the 2020 festival is
- No films to be submitted without complete entry forms
- All DVDs to be clearly labelled
- All submissions to include the following:
- approx. 150 word synopsis
- minimum 2 stills from the film as a JPEG (300 dpi),
- complete filmography/biography of the director
- Screeners and any promotional material submitted will not be returned to the sender
- No material sent at charge of the Festival will be accepted
- All DVD preview screeners to be submitted in PAL or NTSC format
- In the event of your film being selected, it must be available in Blu-Ray Disc or DCP in English or with English subtitles
- The holder of copyright authorises the Festival to make excerpts, of a maximum of three minutes, available to television channels and for use on the Encounters website for the promotion of the film and the festival.
- Please submit a promotional trailer to be screened during the Festival should your film be selected.
The Encounters Festival presents the following awards at the end of the Festival:
- Audience Award – Best South African Film
- Audience award – Best International Film